April 23, 2021 - The Cowlitz Economic Development Council (CEDC) in partnership with the Longview Downtowner's, is accepting applications to award grants to Cowlitz County businesses and NGO's with a business aspect, that are continuing to be negatively impacted by COVID-19, with a priority for women-owned, BIPOC-owned, and Veteran-owned businesses first.
Funding for the program is from the Community Foundation of Southwest Washington's COVID Response Fund to help with COVID-19 response and recovery efforts.
Funding can only be used for rent and utilities (water, gas, electric) as either reimbursement of previously paid invoices or for future bills. Future bills will be based on the most recent billing cycle and/or lease agreement. No one business can benefit from more than 4 months of rent and/or utility assistance for a total benefit of no more than $5,000 total.
READ TO THE BOTTOM OF THIS PAGE FOR QUALIFYING INFORMATION AND DIRECTIONS. INCOMPLETE APPLICATIONS WILL NOT BE ACCEPTED FOR REVIEW.
In order to qualify for this grant, your Cowlitz County business must meet all of the following criteria:
• Your business must be within Cowlitz County, Washington.
• Your business must have a physical location that is not your personal residence.
• Your business must have been in business for at least 3 months.
• Your business must be experiencing continued hardship due to COVID-19.
• Your business must be licensed in the State of Washington, have an active UBI number, and is active without issues with the Department of Labor & Industries.
• For Tribal Businesses without a UBI number, a letter or certification from the Tribe recognizing them as a business is sufficient as well.
• Your business cannot have been disbarred by the federal government.
• You cannot claim expenses that have already been paid for by any other source of funding. No "double-dipping". Double-dipping is immediate grounds for denial.
You do not have to be a member of the CEDC or the Longview Downtowner's to apply for this grant. Any incomplete applications or misleading information will be issued a denial. An independent committee will review the applications. Your e-mail will be added to the Cowlitz Economic Development Council (CEDC) and/or Longview Downtowner's e-mail distribution list for future opportunities and updated information related to business and other initiatives. If you should have any questions, please contact Lindsey Cope with the Cowlitz Economic Development Council at cope [at] cowlitzedc.com or 360.560.3286